Sprint 4 - March 26, 2021
This release has been dedicated to achieving better system stability and performance. A bunch of technical changes and improvements have been made in order to accomplish this goal. Please find below the list of the most important changes done within the past sprint.
- Getting into consideration the feedback collected, we worked with the most important parts of My Page more closely. Thus, such pages as course list, course page, etc were carefully reviewed and adjusted. We removed unused CSS imports and optimized those that were left, reviewed the components used to make these pages working faster.
- A bunch of changes was made to Choo i Skyen API. The list includes but is not limited to the following: performing load testing to indicate the slowest API endpoints for their review, adding caching capabilities, optimizing the authorization step for API calls and GET /courses endpoint, etc. Such changes and adjustments were done to make the system and its main parts faster and more stable.
- The list of components used on My Page has been evaluated and optimized. The work includes but is not limited to the following: old/unused components are detected and removed, heavy components are moved out of the main bundle, etc. The goal was to achieve better performance and get faster first loading of My Page and the whole system in general.
A new change for course leaders is done in the current release. For course prices setup on My Page, a simpler way for setting up product names is ready for the launch. If you’re using product categories setup for My Page, then once a leader with the appropriate access level (“write” access to course prices setup) will create a new product line, the product name will be automatically populated from the chosen product category for the line.
A set of new filters is added to the course list available for course leaders on My Page. Four new filters are now available. The list is the following:
- Filter by course status – set of checkboxes with available statuses so that you can easily find the Published, Unpublished, Draft, and Canceled courses.
- Filter by a course level – a filter with autocomplete. You can start typing the name of the level for which leaders the course is shared. The system will show you the list of existing levels matching your search criteria. Pick one level from the list to find the list of appropriate courses.
- Filter to find courses created by the current leader – a checkbox “Courses created by me”. Use this filter in order to see the list of courses created by you.
- Filter to find the course created by a particular leader – a filter with autocomplete. Start typing the name of the leader who created at least one course. The system will show you the list of existing course creators matching your search criteria. Pick one leader from the list in order to find the list of appropriate courses.
Making Choo i Skyen more user-friendly, we’re working on making adjustments in order to achieve a better user experience by automating regular flow. Now, if the course registration is canceled by the course participant, by your Back-Office Admins, or by course leaders with the correct access level, the system will create automatic credit notes or ask if you’d like to do so. The difference will come up depending on who is doing the cancellation. The logic is the following:
- In case the course participant cancels the course registration from My Page, the system will automatically issue a credit memo for all course invoices (excluding course manual invoices) in case the invoice has been generated, and its status is “Pending” or “Not paid”.
- In case the course registration is canceled by Back-Office Admin or by a course leader, the system will check if there is a course invoice already generated. In case there is an invoice, and its status is “Pending”, “Not paid”, “Partly paid”, or “Paid”, the system will ask if the credit memo should be generated and sent. You’ll be able to cancel automatic crediting, choose to credit the invoice but not to send the credit memo, or to credit and send it out. Similar behavior will be applicable for all cases when the participant is deleted from the course, or transferred from one course to another. Please note that the refund still needs to be done manually out of the system, and be manually added to Choo i Skyen once it’s done.
It is always possible to assign one or few course responsibilities to a particular course only from the Back-Office, and now the same functionality is released for course leaders on My Page. The logic is the same – people who are added to the course as a course responsible, are able to get access just to this particular course on the access level chosen inside the course responsibles block.
- System Course Super Admins, Course Super Admins, Course Admins are able to manage course responsibilities with the following access level: Course Admin, Course Editor, Course Contributor.
- Course Editors are able to manage course responsibilities with the following access level: Course Editor, Course Contributor, and to see the list of people added as Course Admins.
- Course Contributors are able to see the list of course responsibilities (read-only access).
The same “copy course” functionality as you currently have in the Back-Office, now is also available on My Page for course leaders. The functionality is available only for System Course Super Admins and Course Super Admins.
- Bug fix
This issue was related to the invoices issued to a company where at least one product was added with a discount. In such a case a discount has been applied to all of the items in the invoice. The issue has been fixed.
- Bug fix
An image added to the course description via text editor was not displayed on the Course card.